When you work out you want to make the most of your pain and labor. According to Mark Roemer Oakland, supplements help you to achieve that and gain that extra muscle. Let’s look at some of the best supplements for muscle development and growth:
- Protein Supplements – Protein is essential for muscle growth since you need to consume more of it than you break down. It’s possible to get protein from food that’s rich in protein. However, it’s inefficient since those foods also contain a lot of unwanted things. With protein supplements, you can consume more protein in the best way possible. Some of the most popular sources of vegan protein include whey and soy protein. Casein is a protein obtained from animal milk and traditional options like chicken, beef and egg are always there to add to your diet.
- Creatine – Creatine is naturally produced by your body and provides the necessary energy for your tissues and muscles. However, if you take it as a dietary supplement you can increase the muscle creatine content of your body by staggering levels. Creatine facilitates better muscle performance that further facilitates muscle gain. Moreover, the water content in your muscles is increased due to creatine that causes your muscles to swell and signals your body for muscle growth. Research also shows that creatine can increase IGF-1 hormones in your body that promote muscle growth.
- Weight Gainers – If you struggle to gain muscle, weight gainers are a great option. These supplements help you add a great number of calories and protein to your diet. However, most of the calories come from carbs while a bit of it is made of protein. But if you want to add lean mass instead of just adding weight, this supplement isn’t as effective as others. You should opt for weight gainers if you find consuming real food to be more difficult compared to drinking weight gainer shakes.
- HMB – HMB(Beta-hydroxy beta-methyl butyrate) is naturally produced by your body and has beneficial effects of leucine and protein in your diet. It helps you slow down the breakdown of muscle proteins in your body and hence add more muscle mass. Research shows that when you take around 6 grams of HMB every day it can promote the rate of lean mass gain from your weight training.
- Beta-Alanine – Beta-alanine helps to increase your performance during exercise and brings down fatigue. With the right exercise program, this amino acid can also help to increase your muscle mass significantly. Studies show that high-intensity training with beta-alanine supplements can increase your lean body mass gain by a visible margin.
- Branched-chain amino acids – BCAAs consist of valine, leucine, and isoleucine and can be found in dairy products, eggs, poultry, and meat. This supplement is critical for your muscle development and growth since it makes up more than 10 percent of your muscles.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you try out these supplements to complement your muscle training and craft your body to perfection.